An Entity in Sidra Data Platform is a collection of related data points, observations or documents. It is similar in concept to a Table in relational databases, or a collection in document databases. Given the multi-modal nature of Sidra, an Entity can hold relational data, while other Entity can store document data.
Some considerations about an Entity:
- The Entity in Sidra defines the common properties of a group of Assets in terms of structure of the content.
- Every content ingested will generate its own Asset, but all the content that share the same structure will be associated to the same Entity.
- Each Entity contains metadata information about encoding, separators, null values management, etc.
- Each Entity contains a set of Attributes and every Entity belongs to a Provider.
- A new data source is composed of at least one new Entity. For example, each table in an SQL database will be considered each a different Entity.
Add a new Entity
For more information, check the specific tutorial for adding a new Entity .